Who knows how long this one will last, but I’ve decided to try something different for Saturdays. Basically, just a sort of, rambly, weekly wrap up of… life. No structured requirements, maybe nothing happened and it ends up being short. Basically just sort of, straight regular journaling. What I’ve been doing, what I’ve gotten new, any major events, that sort of thing. I won’t discuss work really, except in vague terms, for a variety of reasons.
Something little I’ve been wanting to do, I added some outside speakers to my music set up, so I can listen to music outside while on the deck. I actually mounted them below the deck, so they would work above and below, but if it doesn’t really work out I can always get a second set for above.
The big thing this week was working on doing Blaugust. I’m taking the mad man route of trying to post at least one post a day. So far, I have…. some… pre written and scheduled, and some TBD. I doubt I keep up this pace after August. I usually keep gaming posts on Lameazoid, but it helps a lot that I’m bored of Fortnite so I’m not super playing it these days. I managed to get Optimus Prime out of the Battle Pass, which that and Summer Meowscles were basically all I cared about. I will probably skip next BP and not play for a while unless it has some super amazing stuff in it. I saw a rumor they may do an Overwatch Collab, which…. I would be really likely to go in for. Because I really like Overwatch as a concept, but I absolutely HATE Overwatch as a game.
Anyway, grinding a game like Fortnite normally eats up too much of my spare time. It’s Unhealthy gaming honestly. In slightly more healthy gaming, I picked up the Avengers game, because it’s being de-listed and it’s on sale for $6, and a bundle of Train Simulator add-ons from Fanatical, because maybe one day I will get on a TrainSim kick like I do with Truck Simulator.
It’s probably worth mentioning new toy stuff for the week too, though that really is also a Lameazoid topic, so I’ll keep it to a minimum. My Pile of Loot from BBTS reached it’s 90 days and needed shipped, so I’ve added that to the collection. I also picked up a lone Transformer from Ross. Let’s just make this one a list.
- Transformers Kingdom Deluxe Pipes (why did I never get Huffer, the superior one???)
- Star Wars Black Series Cassian Andor and B2EMO – I need a better Cassian than the awful original Rogue One release and this two pack was cheaper than a single BS figure.
- Star Wars Black Series Mara Jade – It’s fucking Mara Jade. No more reason needed. Why the Sequels cut all the existing post OT lore is beyond me.
- Power Rangers Lightning Collection Rita Repulsa – My PRLC is pretty much limited to mighty Morphin’, and it was basically there except for Rita, which was previously only available in a 2 pack with Lord Zedd, whom I already had. Now I have Rita, and she’s a pretty good figure, but I’m a sucker for cloth goods.
- Power Rangers Lighting Collection Minotaur – OK, Might Morphin’, and any cool monsters they put out. And I need to stop buying the monsters at full retail. They ALWAYS go on markdown/clearance. So far I’ve gotten them all except Pumpkin Rapper, which I should have done, and the Snake Man, which hits all the right buttons, but I can’t bring myself to get it because it looks kind of lame. Anyway, a Minotaur figure is useful to have in general for fantasy stuff.
- Jada Toys Street Fighter Ryu – Everyone in the toy community is stoked for this line, and Jada in general. Now that I have the first two releases, I’m more excited, for Street Fighter and for their Mega Man stuff. Because these are good figures.
- Jada Toys Street Fighter Fei Long – I like him even more than I do Ryu.
Something else that might be useful here, with no context, and mostly for my own reference, I’m going to throw out a list of new (to me) music I may have listened to this week. It’s easy at the moment because I’m trying out Apple Music. i tend to keep this huge list of random notes of “Artists to listen to,” but never actually get to them. I want to try to get better about just, throwing them onto the endless playlist and listening to them.
Ok, I said no context, but maybe, a LITTLE bit of context might be useful.
- Apple had one of their suggested playlists that was just called something like “African Music”, which was a collection of music, by artists from Africa. Lots of sort of hip hip/reggae sort of music. It was good stuff, but I skipped over it after a bit because I wanted to get to well, something else. It’s not that I wasn’t enjoying it, I just wanted to try other new music.
- Let’s Eat Grandma – I think this one was a Facebook or Instagram Ad. I want to say it was decent.
- Bluhm – I think this was another FB/IG “Suggested post” This is actually a fairly common place for me to find suggestions.
- Laufey – Ben Folds is hosting or performing with, I’m not sure what, but basically, Ben Folds and Dodie are doing a thing with Laufey, so I thought I would give her music a try. It’s pretty good. Dodie-ish.
- Skyr0 – Another Instagram suggestion, but this time it was a Reels suggestion. Some pretty interesting Synth music.
- Blondshell – A bit more rock/alternative, a photographer I follow who seems to share some of the same tastes in music posted photos from a Blondshell show, so I decided to give it a listen.
- Jade Bird – Suggested I think in the Lauren Mayberry Discord. I need to give it another go to jog my memory of if I liked it.
- Half Gringa – One of the acts that’s going to be at Pygmalion, which I am going to in a month or so. So I wanted to listen. I decided I liked it enough to try to catch the live act, then realized it’s not actually at the event I am going to, it was just, posted by the event’s IG.
- Claud – This one IS going to be at Pygmalion, and right before Lauren’s show, so I’ll definitely be catching their show. It’s good stuff. Some strong “King Princess but maybe not quite as raunchy” vibes.
- David Byrne/Talking Heads – Occasionally I am reminded of some older artists and I decided that I can’t actually remember which songs they did, so I’ll throw on the “Essentials” list from Apple Music. This was the case for David Byrne. I’ve decided I don’t really care that much for David Byrne, though Talking Heads are decent..
- David Bowie – It was also the case for David Bowie, except I know what songs David Bowie did, I just…. wanted to listen to a bunch of Bowie.
Josh Miller aka “Ramen Junkie”. I write about my various hobbies here. Mostly coding, photography, and music. Sometimes I just write about life in general. I also post sometimes about toy collecting and video games at Lameazoid.com.