The last theme week for Blaugust is “Lessons Learned”. I can’t say I learned anything new, I’ve been blogging for a while, literally decades, and I’m already aware of well, all of that which comes along with it. As, kind of depressing as they are. But let’s pretend it’s all fresh and new.
As much as I like the idea of updating daily, I am not cut out for it, not anymore. Maybe never, though this isn’t the first time I put effort into daily blogging. I like to think I have plenty of idea of things to write about, but I also don’t really have the time to write about all of them, and over time, I start to feel repetitive. Maybe a little repetition isn’t a bad thing. In theory, new people come to read the blog and most aren’t going to be reading through the archive.
I just kind of hate feeling repetitive. It doesn’t really matter though, with “lesson 2”.
No One Cares
They really don’t. I don’t really care that they don’t, really. I accepted years ago that I do this, write these dumb pointless posts, for my own outlet. I kind of hopped things would at least bump a little when I started posting daily, but it didn’t. That or WordPress stats are busted as fuck. The total views and visits for this month, are pretty much, to slightly lower, than the views and visits last month. Maybe a bit lower.
Last month, when I wasn’t posting daily and actively sharing some posts out into the world.
I really don’t care about how many people read this blog, but it’s kind of really disheartening. For the month, it’s around 100, people. Total. For the year it’s around 1500 so far. Let’s contrast this a bit, with something that’s not really a 1:1 comparison, but kind of in the same vein. I posted a short video from the Alanis Morissette show on TikTok a few days ago. Within 24 hours, it had essentially more views than my blog has gotten, all year.
It’s really really just like, you know, why bother?
Anyway, on that downer note, here are my posts from the month:
- Day 1 – Welcome to Blaugust 2023 (Blaugust Theme Week)
- Day 2 – Why Is Advertising So Blatantly Bad? (Opinion/Editorial)
- Day 3 – Arduboy FX (Technology/Coding)
- Day 4 – Aurora – A Different Kind of Human (Album Post)
- Day 5 – Weekly Wrap Up (07.03.2023 to 08.05.2023) (Weekly Journal)
- Day 6 – My Computing Journey – Part 1 – Commodore 64 (Article Series)
- Day 7 – Music Monday – Featuring Aurora Edition (Music Videos)
- Day 8 – Blaugust 2023 – Introduction Week (Blaugust Theme Week)
- Day 9 – Next Door is Something Else (Opinion/Editorial)
- Day 10 – Code Project – Goodreads RSS to HTML (Python) (Coding)
- Day 11 – Alanis Morissette – Jagged Little Pill (Album Post)
- Day 12 – Weekly Wrap-Up (08.06.2023 to 08.12.2023) (Weekly Journal)
- Day 13 – My Computing Journey – Part 2 – Franklin PC-8000 (Article Series)
- Day 14 – Alanis Morissette @ IL State Fair Grandstand feat Tenille Townes (Concert)
- Day 15 – Music Monday – Science-ish Edition (Music Videos)
- Day 16 – Blaugust 2023 – Creator Appreciation Week (Blaugust Theme Week)
- Day 17 – Cat Tax Day (Blaugust Achivement)
- Day 18 – Sigrid – Sucker Punch (Album Post)
- Day 19 – Weekly Wrap Up (08.13.2023 to 08.19.2023) (Weekly Journal)
- Day 20 – My Computing Journey – Part 3 – The x86 Era (Article Series)
- Day 21 – Music Monday – Retro Edition (Music Videos)
- Day 22 – Blaugust 2023 – Staying Motivated (Blaugust Theme Week)
- Day 23 – Totally Not Wildcard Wednesday! (Opinion/Editorial)
- Day 24 – Why Can’t I Hold All These RSS Feeds (Technology)
- Day 25 – Nirvana – Unplugged in New York (Album Post)
- Day 26 – Weekly Wrap-Up (08.20.2023 to 08.26.2023) (Weekly Journal)
- Day 27 – My Computing Journey – Part 4 – Going Online (Article Series)
- Day 28 – Music Monday – One Take Edition (Music Videos)
- Day 29 – Second Life – The Hobby I Never Talk About (Second Life)
- Day 30 – Gmail’s Cloud Storage Problem (Technology/Opinion/Editorial)
- Day 31 – YOU ARE HERE
I also did all of the little made-up achievements so that means “Going Platnum”.